By signing up for a BnSellit Account (as defined in Section 1) or by using any BnSellit Services (as defined below), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
As used in these Terms of Service, “we”, “us” and “BnSellit” means the applicable BnSellit Technology Inc. (as defined in Section 4 below).
The services offered by BnSellit under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you sell goods and services to buyers or guests in person (“BnBuyIt Services”). Any such services offered by BnSellit are referred to in these Terms of Services as the “Services”. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. BnSellit reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the BnSellit website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. and if you do not accept such amendments, you must cease using the Services.
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained or expressly referenced in these Terms of Service before you may sign up for a BnSellit Account or use any BnSellit Service.
Everyday language summaries are provided for convenience only and appear in bold under each section, but these summaries are not legally binding. Please read the Terms of Service, including any document referred to in these Terms of Service, for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using BnSellit or any BnSellit services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
1. Account Terms
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a BnSellit account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. BnSellit may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You must be the older of: (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from which you use the Services to open an Account.
- You acknowledge that BnSellit will use the email address you provide on opening an Account or as updated by you from time to time as the primary method for communication with you.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. BnSellit cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Materials”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of BnSellit may result in an immediate termination of your Services.
You are responsible for your Account and any Materials you upload to the BnSellit Service. Remember that if you violate these terms we may cancel your service.
If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2. Account Activation
2.1 Host Owner
- Subject to section 2.1(2), the person signing up for the Service by opening an Account will be the contracting party (“Host Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding Account we may provide to the Host Owner in connection with the Service. You are responsible for ensuring that the name of the Host Owner (including the legal name of the company that owns the Store, if applicable) is clearly visible on the Store’s website.
- If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Host Owner. If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, then you must use your employer-issued email address and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
- Your BnSellit Store can only be associated with one Host Owner. A Host Owner may have multiple BnSellit Stores. “Store” means the physical short term rental location(s) associated with the Account.
2.3 BnSellit Payments Account
- Upon completion of sign up for the Service, BnSellit will create a BnSellit Payments account on your behalf.
- You acknowledge that the BnSellit Payments will be your default payments gateway(s).
Only one person can be the “Host Owner”, usually the person signing up for the BnSellit Service. The Host Owner is responsible for the Account, is bound by these Terms of Service and is responsible for the actions of others accessing the Account. If you sign up on behalf of your employer, your employer is the Host Owner responsible for your Account.
We automatically create certain accounts for you to accept payments.
3. General Conditions
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service before you may become a BnSellit User.
Technical support in respect of the Services is only provided to BnSellit Users.
- The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
- You acknowledge and agree that BnSellit may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on BnSellit’s website, available at https://www.BnSellit.com/terms-of-services and such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to BnSellit’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the BnSellit Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws), the laws applicable to you in your customer’s jurisdiction, or the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Service and your performance of obligations under the Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by BnSellit.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google Ads), or domain names that use BnSellit or BnSellit trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to BnSellit Support.
- You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- The Services allow you to send certain communications to your customers by short message service (SMS) messaging (for example, sending order confirmation notifications via SMS) (the “SMS Services”).
- The Terms of Service may be available in languages other than English. To the extent of any inconsistencies or conflicts between these English Terms of Service and BnSellit’s Terms of Service available in another language, the most current English version of the Terms of Service at https://www.BnSellit.com/terms-of-service will prevail. Any disputes arising out of these Terms of Service will be resolved in English unless otherwise determined by BnSellit (acting in its sole discretion) or as required by applicable law.
- All the terms and provisions of the Terms of Service shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties to the Terms of Service and to their respective heirs, successors, permitted assigns and legal representatives. BnSellit shall be permitted to assign these Terms of Service without notice to you or consent from you. You shall have no right to assign or otherwise transfer the Terms of Service, or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party without BnSellit’s prior written consent, to be given or withheld in BnSellit’s sole discretion.
- If any provision, or portion of the provision, in these Terms of Service is, for any reason, held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, then such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other provision (or the unaffected portion of the provision) of the Terms of Service, and the Terms of Service will be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision, or portion of the provision, had never been contained within the Terms of Service.
- Sections 1, 3(2)-(5), 4, 6-8, 14-15, 17(8)-(10), 19, 21 and 22 will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
The BnSellit service belongs to us. You are not allowed to rip it off or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose. If you or your employees or contractors use BnSellit’s APIs, you will comply with our API terms.
Your Materials may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
4. BnSellit Contracting Party
- If the billing address of your Store is located in the United States or Canada, this Section 4(1) applies to you:
- “BnSellit Contracting Party” means BnSellit Inc., a Canadian corporation, with offices located at 468 Wellington Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M5V-1E3.
- The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service.
If a dispute arises you may bring an action in the Province of Ontario (Canada).
5. BnSellit Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all Services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we are under no obligation to make any Services or features available in any jurisdiction.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and suspend or terminate Accounts if we determine in our sole discretion that the goods or services offered via a Store, or the Materials uploaded or posted to a Store, violate our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any BnSellit customer, BnSellit employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- BnSellit does not pre-screen Materials and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials from the Service, including your Store.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that BnSellit employees and contractors may also be BnSellit customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your Confidential Information (as defined in Section 6) in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, your status as an employee of an entity, etc.
- BnSellit retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful Host Owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Host Owner, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, BnSellit reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at anytime.
In the event of an ownership dispute over a BnSellit account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner, as determined by us.
- “Confidential Information” shall include, but shall not be limited to, any and all information associated with a party’s business and not publicly known, including specific business information, technical processes and formulas, software, customer lists, prospective customer lists, names, addresses and other information regarding customers and prospective customers, product designs, sales, costs (including any relevant processing fees), price lists, and other unpublished financial information, business plans and marketing data, and any other confidential and proprietary information, whether or not marked as confidential or proprietary. BnSellit’s Confidential Information includes all information that you receive relating to us, or to the Services, that is not known to the general public including information related to our security program and practices.
- Each party agrees to use the other party’s Confidential Information solely as necessary for performing its obligations under these Terms of Service and in accordance with any other obligations in these Terms of Service including this Section 6. Each party agrees that it shall take all reasonable steps, at least substantially equivalent to the steps it takes to protect its own proprietary information, to prevent the duplication, disclosure or use of any such Confidential Information, other than (i) by or to its employees, agents and subcontractors who must have access to such Confidential Information to perform such party’s obligations hereunder, who each shall treat such Confidential Information as provided herein, and who are each subject to obligations of confidentiality to such party that are at least as stringent as those contained herein; or (ii) as required by any law, regulation, or order of any court of proper jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter contained in these Terms of Service, provided that, if legally permitted, the receiving party shall give the disclosing party prompt written notice and use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such disclosure is accorded confidential treatment. Confidential Information shall not include any information that the receiving party can prove: (A) was already in the public domain, or was already known by or in the possession of the receiving party, at the time of disclosure of such information; (B) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the other party’s Confidential Information, and without breaching any provisions of these Terms of Service; or (C) is thereafter rightly obtained by the receiving party from a source other than the disclosing party without breaching any provision of these Terms of Service.
Both you and BnSellit agree to use the Confidential Information of the other only to perform the obligations in these Terms of Service. Confidential Information must be protected and respected.
7. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, BnSellit shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall BnSellit or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our Services or these Terms of Service (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, BnSellit partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference (including the AUP), or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- BnSellit does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- BnSellit does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- BnSellit does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other materials purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Services will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties and our liability is limited.
8. Waiver, Severability, and Complete Agreement
The failure of BnSellit to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service, including all terms and conditions and other documents it incorporates by reference, is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law, and the remaining provision of the Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect.
The Terms of Service, including the documents it incorporates by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and BnSellit and govern your use of the Services and your Account, superseding any prior agreements between you and BnSellit (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
If BnSellit chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that we give up that right later.
These Terms of Service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and BnSellit don’t apply if they conflict with these terms.
9. Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the BnSellit Service. All Materials you upload remains yours. You can remove your BnSellit Store at any time by deleting your Account.
- By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view the Materials you post publicly to your Store; (b) to allow BnSellit to store, and in the case of Materials you post publicly, display and use your Materials; and (c) that BnSellit can, at any time, review and delete all the Materials submitted to its Service, although BnSellit is not obligated to do so.
- You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to the Store; however, by making your Store public, you agree to allow others to view Materials that you post publicly to your Store. You are responsible for compliance of the Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
- BnSellit shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with your Store to promote the Service.
Anything you upload remains yours and is your responsibility.
10. For Future Use.
11. For Future Use.
12. For Future Use.
13. For Future Use.
14. Collection and payment of Fees
- BnSellit Payments collects the total purchase amount on your behalf and will remit the total purchase amount less 20% twenty percent the (“Transaction Fees”) to the associated Deposit Account registered with BnSellit. Which means you will received 80% eighty percent of the purchase amount (“Host Share”).
- BnSellIt will make Host Share Payment Deposits to Authorized Deposit Methods Bi-Monthly.
- If we are not able to process the Host Share using the Authorized Deposit Method, we will make a second attempt to process payment using any Authorized Payment Method 3 days later. If the second attempt is not successful, we will make a final attempt 3 days following the second attempt. If our final attempt is not successful, we may suspend and revoke access to your Account and the Services. Your Account will be reactivated upon your payment of any outstanding Fees, plus the Fees applicable to your next billing cycle. You may not be able to access your Account or your storefront during any period of suspension. If the outstanding Fees remain unpaid for 60 days following the date of suspension, BnSellit reserves the right to terminate your Account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all sums payable by you to BnSellit under these Terms of Service shall be paid free and clear of any deductions or withholdings whatsoever. Other than Taxes charged by BnSellit to you and remitted to the appropriate tax authorities on your behalf, any deductions or withholdings that are required by law shall be borne by you and paid separately to the relevant taxation authority. BnSellit shall be entitled to charge the full amount of Fees stipulated under these Terms of Service to your Authorized Payment Method ignoring any such deduction or withholding that may be required.
- You must maintain an accurate location in the administration menu of your BnSellit Store. If you change jurisdictions you must promptly update your location in the administration menu.
- BnSellit does not provide refunds.
15. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account and terminate the Terms of Service at any time by contacting BnSellit Support and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in BnSellit’s response.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- BnSellit will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- any outstanding balance owed to BnSellit for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and
- your Store details will be taken offline.
- If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the BnSellit Service, the Terms of Service and/or your Account for any reason, without notice at any time (unless otherwise required by applicable law). Termination of the Terms of Service shall be without prejudice to any rights or obligations which arose prior to the date of termination.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, BnSellit may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the use of the Services.
To initiate a termination contact Support. BnSellit will respond with specific information regarding the termination process for your account. Once termination is confirmed, domains purchased through BnSellit will no longer be automatically renewed. If you cancel in the middle of your billing cycle, you’ll have one last email invoice.
We may change or terminate your account at any time. Any fraud and we will suspend or terminate your account.
16. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from BnSellit. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the BnSellit Site (BnSellit.com) or the administration menu of your BnSellit Store via an announcement.
- BnSellit reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice (unless otherwise required by applicable law).
- BnSellit shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
17. For Future Use.
18. For Future Use
19. For Future Use
20. For Future Use.
21. Rights of Third Parties
Save for BnSellit and its affiliates, BnSellit Users or anyone accessing BnSellit Services pursuant to these Terms of Service, unless otherwise provided in these Terms of Service, no person or entity who is not a party to these Terms of Service shall have any right to enforce any term of these Terms of Service, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of these Terms.
Only BnSellit, BnSellit Users and persons accessing BnSellit Services have any rights under these Terms of Service.
22. Privacy & Data Protection
Additionally, if: (a) you are established in the European Economic Area (EEA); (b) you provide goods or services to customers in the EEA; or (c) you are otherwise subject to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, BnSellit’s collection and use of personal information of any European residents is also subject to our Data Processing Addendum.
BnSellit Technology Inc.
421 7 Avenue SE 30th Floor, Calgary AB T2P 4K9
Last Updated: August 4, 2020